Green smoothies are all the rage lately and as a recovering picky eater, I am very skeptical of foods that are weird colors… like green. But, in an effort to improve my daily intake of fruits, vegetables, and vitamins, I made it my goal to find a nutrient-packed smoothie that I could actually tolerate. Imagine my delight when I came up with a recipe that I sometimes choose to have for dessert!
Even better, I recently learned that I can add CBD oil to my smoothies. This lets me get my daily dose basically without thinking about it. While CBD oil dosage varies from person to person, my recommendation is to start with a small dose and increase as needed.
So, here is my delicious green smoothie recipe that helps me reach my nutrition goals AND lets me easily take CBD oil for anxiety.
Green Smoothie- Serves 1
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 small to medium-sized banana
- 1 cup packed fresh or frozen spinach
- 1 scoop Whey protein
- ½ tsp matcha powder
- ½ tsp flax seed
- 2 TBSP Acai puree
- Almond Milk to desired consistency
- Daily dose of CBD Oil
- Place fruit/veggies in this order: blueberries, spinach, banana. My blender is a cup that you flip over onto a motor, so I am thinking in those terms. Basically the order is important, so you don’t force your blender to work harder. You want the softer ingredients closest to the blade, so if you are using a traditional blender you will reverse my order.
- Pour almond milk into blender. I start with about ¼ cup and then add more as I blend if the consistency isn’t creamy enough.
- Add acai, protein powder, match and CBD oil. It’s important to add these after the milk to avoid the powders clumping at the bottom
- Blend. Start by pulsing, then finish when your smoothie easily spins around in the blender without any big chunks hitting the blade. Enjoy!